[jbosside-dev] regarding jbossws / wstools / soapui integration

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Mon Jul 17 04:59:37 EDT 2006

> since the 2 scenarios for running jbossws differ in terms of deployment
> and available functionality, we need to decide how we handle that
> difference.. consider the situation when a developer runs jbossws
> standalone;
>
> 1) there is no "JBoss Server" to deploy to..
>   - do we need to create a new "server plugin" in wtp for this setup or
> can we use the existing Tomcat Server?

Don't know ;) Rob ?

>   - will the deployment-features in jbosside still be usable for another
> server type?

We use WTP, so hopefully yes (to a certain degree ;)

> 2) there is no support for remaining JBoss functionality (EJBs, etc..)
>   - should related features in the jbosside be disabled / adapted?

Why disabled ?
Adapted ? I don't think our ejb stuff is tied hardly to jboss (only our
own WTP plugin is jboss specific)

> should jbosside even support this setup?

Our priority is of course that it works with JBoss.
After that deployment of WS to Websphere and weblogic would be interesting.

> or should we create a standalone "jbossws-eclipse-plugin" that is
> independant of jboss/jbosside?

I don't see the need ;)

> There is maybe also a "strategic" aspect.. does jboss want to push
> jbossws as a standalone ws-stack (as for example axis, xfire, etc..) or
> is this more a "sidekick" that we can initially "ignore" in jbosside and
> our plugin?

I would say ignore for now unless it is trivial to create some initial
support for it.

/max