[jbosside-dev] regarding jbossws / wstools / soapui integration

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Mon Jul 17 05:21:32 EDT 2006

>>> 1) there is no "JBoss Server" to deploy to..
>>>   - do we need to create a new "server plugin" in wtp for this setup
>>> or can we use the existing Tomcat Server?
>>
>> Don't know ;) Rob ?
>>
>>>   - will the deployment-features in jbosside still be usable for
>>> another server type?
>>
> sorry.. here I also meant the "packaging-stuff" that marshall is working
> on..

That is one thing that has zero dependencies on jboss AFAIK.
It is "just" a clever way of describing where you files come from and goes
to.

>>> or should we create a standalone "jbossws-eclipse-plugin" that is
>>> independant of jboss/jbosside?
>>
>> I don't see the need ;)
> I do, it would be great to be able to just use the jbossws stack without
> being required to use either jboss or jbosside.. (that's a personal note
> ;-)

Yes, but JBossIDE doesn't forces you to use JBoss....JBossIDE is "just"
some
plugins to eclipse.

All of our plugins (for which it makes sense) we have standalone plugins;
maybe that is what you want ?

/max