[jbosside-dev] WTP deployment questions

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 06:12:12 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

Been looking at various aspects of WTP deployment, our IDE and JBoss
deployement in context of easy Seam project deployment,
and out sprung some questions ;)

1) Does anyone know about the file
.settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component in WTP ?

This file looks to do *some* of the things Marshall is trying to
accomplish in context of
his xml file for describing packaging. Do you know how they relate and if
we use that
file (or some dependent API) for anything ?

2) "copy-on-save" should be "synchronize-on-modify"

When we get around making it possible to listen to resources and copy
files according
to the packaging we will also need to be able to handle "delete" of file
hence the name
of this bullet point ;)

3) Exploded deployment on JBoss

Can we point a jboss to a specific directory without the user having to
edit services.xml ?

Or does anyone know if WTP actually maintains a "deployed" structure
internally or is that
completely up to the WTP server plugins to handle ?

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
max at hibernate.org