[jbosside-dev] jbosside wtp integration woes ;)

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Mon Nov 13 04:49:57 EST 2006

Hi guys,

I were looking at launch configurations this monring and were having fun by
clicking all sort of places and even read the wtp docs...and out came  a
few questions
that i hope you might know the answer to ?

Eclipse WTP has this notion of "Adding an applicaiton" to a server. Does
this also automatically
add source lookup to that server ?

We have this splitted jbosserver view with what looks to me a filtered WTP
server view and specific jboss bottm part, correct ?
Why is there both a mix of jboss inc servers and jboss wtp servers visible
in that one ?

With Eclipse WTP I have "generic server" and "generic server (external
launch)" and others in my launch configs.
These seem to be usefull to launch WTP servers in various ways, e.g. use
an external launch to use the run.bat etc. to start things.
Two questions pop up here:
   a) how are these releated to the default launch config wtp apparently
have behind the scenes? e.g. can i select one of these launch config to be
used when using the run/debug/profile buttons in the server view ui ?
   b) any reason why our launch config is not in there ?
   c) any reason why we can't choose jboss inc server as targets for these ?

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
max at hibernate.org