[jbosside-dev] 2.0.0.Beta2 N&Ns

Marshall Culpepper marshall.culpepper at jboss.com
Thu Oct 12 13:51:09 EDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Max Rydahl Andersen <max.andersen at jboss.com> wrote:

> 2) http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866 says that
> the "others" MD5 etc. is the last release ? :(

Yeah, this is a sourceforge bug. The order of these releases is based on
which one is the last one to be made, and there is no way to explicitly
order them. I realized this after I created the first 2.0.0.Beta2 release
(before others/no deps), and since there is no way to delete a package (only
hide one), it is impossible to get around :(

3) Instead of writing "no dependencies" on

> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866&package_id=72248
> couldn't we write "No dependencies included" to reduce the confusion.

 Sure, done.

4) http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbosside/download/index.html should have a
> comment about what nodeps mean

Yup I planned on adding more 'descriptive'  text to help the user.

5) What took so long about getting this release out ? (I relased beta8 for
> this release 20 days ago) What can we do to prevent that for the next
> release ?

Well we had a rogue member who shall rename nameless refuse to update his
feature.xml for a little while ;). Besides that, we had a few hick ups in
our integration builds WRT JBossWS and JBossAS tools that took a week or so
to solve, and also there were a few bumps with the new firstrun wizard, and
a few bugs that needed ironing out with our new branding plugin and the
"release" part of the build system as well. I think the best thing we can do
to resolve this in the future would be to be as quick as possible with
testing/bug fixing on our integration builds, and getting N&Ns, tags, and
versioning info, to me in a timely manner also. Also, waiting until the last
minute to debate a build-specific issue should be avoided.. if any of us
have problems with a resolution we make in a team meeting/email in the
future it would probably be best if we brought it up either at the meeting
or as soon as possible afterwards so we don't hold up the release process.

--
Marshall Culpepper
marshall.culpepper at jboss.com
JBossIDE Team Lead