[jbosside-dev] Bundling features/plugins in the build system

Marshall Culpepper marshall.culpepper at jboss.com
Tue Sep 5 14:27:15 EDT 2006

On 9/2/06, Max Rydahl Andersen <max.andersen at jboss.com> wrote:

> ok, so just so i understand "make the dependencies it generates...be
> features" means
> that you copy an existing complete feature as-is, instead of taking
> individual parts
> or create a new feature, correct?

Right.. this means we copy everything under the features/xxx directory into
the features directory of the current builder. Nothing new is created..

> 1) If a plugin is listed as a <plugin>, it gets auto-bundled just like in
> > standard PDE build (no change). Anything here will be seen in both
> > "bundle" and "nodeps" downloads.
>
> +1 (if "bundle" means the type of downloads we provide now for each
> plugin? not bundle as in full eclipse SDK + deps + our plugin)

Yes, bundle here means "plugins + dependencies" not our "Bundle" which
includes everything =)

Would be cool if one could automatically run through
> plugin.xml/feature.xml and look for "evil" plugin references.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "evil" ... care to expand a bit
more? (I'm guessing you mean org.eclipse.emf.*? =)

--
Marshall Culpepper
marshall.culpepper at jboss.com
JBoss Eclipse IDE Lead