[jbosside-dev] CorePlugin with hard branded version id and version comparison ?

Robert Stryker rob.stryker at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 10:20:34 EDT 2006

The purpose of adding that was so that plugin providers can add update
wizards from version x to version y with relative ease via an extension
point.

They can now do something like,   from version 1.5.* to version 2.0.0.*, use
<insert class> as a wizard page.

I probably just didn't see the versioning in the plugin.xml and hard-coded
it. I suppose I figured that we'd have to change something, either in a
plugin.xml, or text resource, or class file, and it didn't seem to matter
much to me which we did.  I realize changing that in two places is bad, so I
just wasn't aware that it was already somewhere.

So... ... ... where was the version stored previously? I can change it to
just use that.

- Rob