[jbosside-dev] CorePlugin with hard branded version id and version comparison ?

Robert Stryker rob.stryker at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 13:04:34 EDT 2006

I'm not trying to make this a plug-in version number, but rather a JBoss IDE
release.

The wizard wont be used to upgrade from Hibernate tools x.y.c to Hibernate
Tools x.y.z, but rather from one version of JBoss IDE (as an entire product)
to another.

I really didn't want to make it go for each plugin based on plugin version,
because obviously some parts of the IDE (like yours) have multiple plug-ins,
and that could get hairy...

Of course further input is always welcomed.

(And no... I know you guys have mentioned several times the versioning of
plug-ins is very strict but I never really had to deal with it personally so
it all seemed kind of abstract to me)

- Rob