[jbosside-dev] Re: jBPM Designer feature.xml needs to be updated

Marshall Culpepper marshall.culpepper at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 16:16:38 EDT 2006

It isn't documented yet as it is still pretty new (I just wrote it last
week). You can find the code and definition for the ant task here:

http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBoss/jbosside/releng/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng/src/org/jboss/ide/eclipse/releng

You'll basically want to look at CalculateFeatureDependenciesTask. This task
by itself only figures out which features and plugins a given feature
"depends on" to run within eclipse based on it's <requires> and <include>
xml tags. There is a macro definition in the common/bundleDependencies.xml
script that wraps this task and does the actual bundling which you can find
here:

http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBoss/jbosside/releng/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng/builders/common/bundleDependencies.xml?r=1.1

You can see the bundleDependencies macro in use in hibernate tools'
customTargets.xml here:

http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBoss/jbosside/releng/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng/builders/hibernate-tools/customTargets.xml?r=1.7

It basically looks like:

<bundleDependencies feature="org.hibernate.eclipse.feature" buildDirectory=
"${buildDirectory}"
archivePath="${buildDirectory}/${buildLabel}/HibernateTools-${
hibernate.tools.release}.${versionTag}.zip" />

Keep in mind this will only bundle dependencies which are explicitly
declared under the "Dependencies" tab in the feature.xml or in the "include
features" tab (it will also bundle dependencies of dependencies, etc). I
don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to use this outside of releng if
you want to use this in your own customTargets.. the code is eclipse
independent.

--
Marshall Culpepper
marshall.culpepper at jboss.com