[jbosstools-dev] Re: Missing an answer to a simple question in the forum

akazakov at exadel.com akazakov at exadel.com
Mon Dec 17 05:45:04 EST 2007

> http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112651#4112651
> Anyone that could help out ? It should just work shouldn't it ?

Max, I've answered on forum.
There is Content Assist of WTP in JSP editor for tag names. And it needs
TLDs. Our CA is used only for attribute values.
In XHTML (for facelets) we use our CA (based on our knowledgebase) for
tags, attributes and values. So TLDs are not used.

> btw. do we actually parse unknown TLD's dynamically or do we 100% rely on
> having
> the knowledgebase uptodate with the corresponding TLD's ?

We parse unknown TLD only when user drops some tag from Palette.
If user wants to have CA for unknown tag lib within facelet page then he
should import TLD into Palette and DnD any tag to xhtml. In that moment we
try to find TLD then parse it and register it in our knowledgebase. We
need it to open our window where user can set attributes values during
DnD. But after that our CA is able to use parsed TLD as well. Such TLDs
are specials for our KB plugin and we check any changes of it. If user
chenged it then we reparse it.
Preinstalled TLD (like JSF core, Richfaces, ...) are static for our KB.
But as I mentioned it could be problem for facelet pages only. For JSP WTP
uses real TLDs from projects.