[jbosstools-dev] Re: Missing an answer to a simple question in the forum

akazakov at exadel.com akazakov at exadel.com
Tue Dec 18 04:23:06 EST 2007

>>> http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112651#4112651
>>> Anyone that could help out ? It should just work shouldn't it ?
>>
>> Max, I've answered on forum.
>
> thanks.
>
>> There is Content Assist of WTP in JSP editor for tag names. And it needs
>> TLDs. Our CA is used only for attribute values.
>> In XHTML (for facelets) we use our CA (based on our knowledgebase) for
>> tags, attributes and values. So TLDs are not used.
>
> ok.
>
>>> btw. do we actually parse unknown TLD's dynamically or do we 100% rely
>>> on
>>> having
>>> the knowledgebase uptodate with the corresponding TLD's ?
>>
>> We parse unknown TLD only when user drops some tag from Palette.
>
> And do they then come available in code assist ?

Yes.

>> If user wants to have CA for unknown tag lib within facelet page then he
>> should import TLD into Palette and DnD any tag to xhtml. In that moment
>> we
>> try to find TLD then parse it and register it in our knowledgebase. We
>> need it to open our window where user can set attributes values during
>> DnD.
>
>> But after that our CA is able to use parsed TLD as well. Such TLDs
>> are specials for our KB plugin and we check any changes of it. If user
>> chenged it then we reparse it.
>> Preinstalled TLD (like JSF core, Richfaces, ...) are static for our KB.
>> But as I mentioned it could be problem for facelet pages only.
>

>> For JSP WTP uses real TLDs from projects.
>
> so why don't we do like they do for JSP WTP and parse TLD's when the user
> refer to them in facelets instead
> of waiting for the drag to the palette?

We created our content assist for jsp files much before the first version
of WTP. It's pretty simple but it was working much better then WTP's one
for long time. Now we don't need to refactor our CA for JSP because WTP
works fine now and we almost don't use our one.
But we use our CA for facelets pages. And we can not use WTP's approach
for that case. Facelets don't use TLDs and tag libs xmls don't contain any
information about attributes.
Let's plan some time for this work for future versions.