[jbosstools-dev] Questions found while looking at report problem reimplementation

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 17:47:59 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

Was looking at how EXIN-240 was implemented in ReportProblemWizard and I
noticed some things that raised some questions. Would be good to hear
the answer to them ;)

1) Custom Preferences?

I noticed org.jboss.tools.common.model.ui.reporting.ReportPreference
was used - what are these Preference things ? It looks similar to
Eclipse Preferences but I have a feeling that is not the case...what are
they and why are the "path" hardcoded to "Struts Studio" ?

Why aren't these just normal eclipse properties ?

Where are they stored ?

How can the user toggle them ?

2) ATT_ATTACH_REDHAT_LOG and ATT_ATTACH_ECLIPSE_LOG

What is REDHAT_LOG ?

Why aren't these attributes used for anything ?

Attaching the eclipse log would be an relavant option.

3) What is AbstractQueryWizard ? The dialog extends it but what does it
help with ?

4) The layout looks weird on linux - the right side of all the text
fields are chopped of (the dialog is to narrow) - note commenting out
the hard coded getPreferredSize did not help, it just made it worse.

5) what is XAttributeSupport ?

6)