[jbosstools-dev] Seam Scanner for class files

Viacheslav Kabanovich scabanovich at exadel.com
Tue Jul 10 13:16:31 EDT 2007

JDT does not include annotations into java model.

By now, java.lang.Class is used to load annotations.
To obtain Class objects, class loader is created for
user project. That way seems to be quite fast and reliable.

I have found that jdt uses
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.classfmt.ClassFileReader
to load java model, and probably it provides all required information
about annotations, but that needs some more studies.

I  think that for the time being we may use java.lang.Class-based
implementation to attend other urgent issues, and replace it
with ClassFileReader-based implementation later if time allows.

Slava Kabanovich