[jbosstools-dev] seam settings in projects?

Denis Golovin dgolovin at exadel.com
Mon Oct 1 03:20:17 EDT 2007

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
> I saw this in the war project generated by seam:
> action.package=org.domain.xam.session
> eclipse.preferences.version=1
> model.package=org.domain.xam.entity
> seam.project.connection.profile=max
> seam.project.deployment.type=war
> seam.runtime.name=seam 1.2.1.AP
> seam.test.project=xam-test
> test.package=org.domain.xam.test
>
> and when it's as an ear it's:
> n.xyz.session
> eclipse.preferences.version=1
> model.package=org.domain.xyz.entity
> seam.ear.project=xyz-ear
> seam.ejb.project=xyz-ejb
> seam.project.connection.profile=max
> seam.project.deployment.type=ear
> seam.runtime.name=Seam 1.2.AP
> seam.test.project=xyz-test
> test.package=org.domain.xyz.test
>
> Got a cpl questions about that:
>
> 1) Where is the src destinations stored for entity/test/etc. ? is that
> hardcoded ?
project names and source pathes are hardcoded for now, package names are
taken from preferences.

> 2) It doesn't look like the other projects have a setting for which
> seam project they are related to. How do I find that out ? Is there
> any api for it ?
That's an issue :( I've missed it. They must have preferences. It works
right now because only Seam 1.2 is actually supported. If there is no
project preferences it takes default seam runtime and it always has
version 1.2.

> This is mainly to have a way to based on a selection, find it's
> project  and then the "parent" seam project to use in default
> selection in e.g. wizards.
Seam Web Project is 'first class'. There is only one wizard for Seam Web
Project. All other project is 'environment'. When User calls any other
wizard from New menu it he must select project that he actually created
before with given name.

If do you mean the case when:

1. There is selection in project navigator 'seam-ejb'/'seam-ear'/'seam-test'
2. User select New Seam Action wizard from menu and opened new Seam
Action Dialog contains seam as selected project

I Agree with that.

Denis