[jbosstools-dev] Please be careful about adding new plugin dependencies

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 20:38:23 EDT 2007

Heya,

So while Marshall and I had "fun" testing our updatesite for jboss tools
we suddenly started seeing the seam plugins not loading.

It turns out that seam.core declares a dependency on jpt.ui and jpt.core
in the plugin, but not in the feature.xml which then makes the
updatesite useless (for the seam plugins at least)

Furthermore it looks like we have this dependency without no good reason
(I found zero dependencies on it and jpt is also not listed)

We can "hack" us around it on the update site for now; but *please*
don't just add unused plugins to plugin.xml...and if they are used
*remember* to update the corresponding feature.xml too!

Thanks,
Max