[jbosstools-dev] Re: Weird code in Seam runtime management...

Denis Golovin dgolovin at exadel.com
Mon Oct 15 03:33:44 EDT 2007

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
> I stepped over some code I don't understand why is needed in Seam
> runtime management.
>
> SeamRuntimeListConverter1 (weird class name, why an 1 at the end ?),
Take a look at ICompletionProposalExtension,
ICompletionProposalExtension2, ICompletionProposalExtension3,
ICompletionProposalExtension4, ICompletionProposalExtension5
> seem to do some really weird conversion between maps and strings on
> the form
really weird have XML for simple map or even serialization for it.

> "name|some Name|version|1123123|homeDir|somedir|default|true"
>
> ...why are we storing such weird strings in preferences ?
> (Is that normal for eclipse preferences ?
That's the simple way to serialize list of runtimes. Look at
.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings | used everywhere
for lists and especially for General/Apperance preferences
> That looks very unmaintainable)
unmaintainable?
> Why isn't the info about what runtime is default a single named
> preference instead of maintained on each runtime ?
We discussed it before, we have to have default version for 1.2, 20,
etc. because default seam-runtime is depends on version selected for
facet in Seam Web Project wizard

> And why are these classes in a package called
> org.seam.core.project.facet ? These things are and should be
> independent of WTP facets (and SeamRuntimeListConverter1 sound like
> something that should be inside the internal package)
Because in previous releases have no preferences for project with seam
feature it was just a feature now we have runtime in both projects
faceted and others. just need refactor it to new packages