[jbosstools-dev] Junit tests failing

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 02:43:02 EDT 2007

> here are problems I found in build:
> 1. Requirements should be cleaned up (Marshall told me that before his
> vocation). Now build copies all current and previous requirements to the
> eclipse used for JUnit testing. Here is the console output

but why did it work a week and suddenly decided to stop ? :)

Anyhow; Rob is the one that is blessed with the info about the
buildsetup etc. Rob can you clean it up ?

> unzipEclipse:
>     [echo]
> eclipseInstallDir=/home/hudson/jbosstools-build/200710290346-nightly/tests/eclipse-SDK-linux-gtk.tar.gz

> 2. I look through error log and it looks like test are ran on dirty
> workspace that contains projects from previous start. Here is an error
> from log

ok - another thing to clean up then. (note: don't our tests cleanup also
? Other independent tests shouldn't see leftovers either)

>     [java] !ENTRY org.jboss.tools.common.model 4 0 2007-10-29 04:30:07.559

> 3. test reports from public site and from QA is different:
> QA -
> http://reports.qa.atl.jboss.com/binaries/RHDS/nightly/200710270005-nightly/tests/test-results/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.tests.html
>
> public -
> http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/nightly/200710251552-nightly/tests/test-results/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.tests.html

Ok - that's surprising. I would expect jbosstools to have more tests
than rhds since jbosstools includes more plugins...seems like the test
setup is not in sync. Not critical, but should be fixed as soon as
marshall gets back.

I've created http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBIDE-1215 for the
general fix and I hope rob gots enough info to get 1 and 2 cleaned up on
hudson.

/max