[jbosstools-dev] Re: what's new in beta1?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Sat Apr 5 06:18:28 EDT 2008

Ok, here is my list of what's new that I can deduce from jira and trying out latest build (some of these were actually already in 2.0.1 but we didnt do whats new at that point):

VPE:
 * Experimental x86_64 bit builds
 * EL resolution in VPE for facesContext.requestContextPath (JBIDE-1410)
 * Performance improvements, caching of templates and removal of memory leaks.
 * Template system now supports versioning

Seam:
 * Rename folders setup in seam properties and our settings get updated via refactoring (JBIDE-1919)
 * Seam Find references/declarations via Ctrl+1 in java for arbitrary lookup, Hooked into java search generally and also via Ctrl+G in .xhtml files. (JBIDE-509 and others)
 * Open Seam Component (JBIDE-518)
 * Seam model scalability. 30-40 times faster loading of existing Seam projects by caching indexes (JBIDE-1785), Less lookups (JBIDE-1778)
 * Seam project wizard can now be finished on the first page (JBIDE-1276)
 * OpenOn works on s:button/s:link at view (JBIDE-1437)
 * Seam components defined in inner classes supported (JBIDE-1374)
 * OpenOn works in pages.xml (JBIDE-1110)
 * Seam 2.1 accepted as runtime, but be carefull ;) (JBIDE-1786)
 * #{messages} code completion support (JBIDE-1258)

ESB:
 * First cut of an esb.xml editor (JBIDE-1670)

AS:
 * JBoss AS 5 Adapter (JBIDE-1774)
 * Use JMX Deploymentscanner to ensure proper deployment (JBIDE-1291)

JSF:
 * Validation and code completion now respect "var" attributes in e.g. h:dataTable
 * Removed need for .settings/org.jboss.tools.jst.web.xml (JBIDE-1820)
 * Updated templates for Rcifhaces 3.1.x
 (* Support <ui:param> in included pages (JBIDE-1591))

Hibernate:
 * Export Diagram as Image  (JBIDE-1932)
 * "Load console configuration" code completion when configuration is not yet loaded (JBIDE-1500)
 * When user start hql/criteria on entity or property a predefined criteria/hql statement is filled in (JBIDE-1620)
 * Property sheet shows number of results and query timing info (JBIDE-1465)
 * Autolayout, Outline and property support in Hibernate Diagram (JBIDE-1417, JBIDE-1413)
 * Automatic update of HQL/Criteria fetched from Java code (JBIDE-1668)

Did I miss anything ?

/max