[jbosstools-dev] Re: State of SVN and build

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 00:51:45 EDT 2008

> Please don't.
>
> Wether you do your new development in a new branch or in head makes
> zero extra work for you - but if trunk becomes inconsistent it gives
> alot of extra work to everyone working across the projects (which
> most of us do)

But it could cause problems *not* to. What if I want to make an
out-of-sync release of just my tools for some higher build drivers? If I
were to make a release, wouldn't it be reasonable for the user to expect
that *that* work is in trunk and not in a branch?

Not that I genuinely see myself as that ambitious, but, one of the
promises was that we'd be able to make out of sync releases, those that
don't time up with the product. If I were to push forward on ganymede
and make a release tomorrow (obviously hypoethetical) and people
downloaded it and wanted to view the code, it's reasonable for them to
expect the newest release on the newest drivers is being done in the
main trunk.

Or is this a wrong assumption?