[jbosstools-dev] Re: [Soa-tools-list] ESB project structure

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 02:14:13 EDT 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:14:17 +0200, Rob Stryker <rob.stryker at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Max:
>
>   Didn't you at one point say you wanted to get away from the idea of
> one wizard creating several projects? Do you still feel that way?

What I wanted was that we should stop our misuse of Facets that creates
multiple projects.

The wizard behind Dynamic Web Projects (or any faceted project for that
matter) is meant for
single project creation.

What we should do is to have proper facets that does one thing well and
can be used in coexistence
with the faceted/wtp wizard framework. These would then be usable by users
to create and edit their
own composition of projects.

We then should add what I best call "usecase wizards" that hides all the
complexity for creating a triage of projects (like the current seam facet
does) that with alot less options will allow for creation of
multi-projects with a few clicks....and if something needs tweaking they
can use the facet ui to tweak it afterwards.

/max

> Denny Xu wrote:
>> So far, the ESB project wizard doesn't support to create a test project
>> in the first phase of the task, I think we will consider it as a
>> important requirement and
>> think about implementing it after the main ESB project wizard is
>> finished.
>>
>> Denny
>>

>> Burr Sutter wrote:
>>> We have the test concept in quickstarts for ease of use, however, I'm
>>> wondering if it is part of the "wizard" then perhaps it should be a
>>> separate project that uses TestNG like Seam gen has.

-max