[jbosstools-dev] Embedded javascript in the VPE visual document?

Maxim Areshkau mareshkau at exadel.com
Mon Aug 18 17:36:16 EDT 2008

Marshall Culpepper wrote:
> Rhino is a possibility, but it seems silly to load 2 seperate
> javascript interpreters (Seamonkey for XULRunner and Rhino for Java..)
> at the same time when Seamonkey is already available (or at least
> could be).
>
> Maxim/Sergey, any pointers?
1)For know we are not support execution of java script in visual editor.
    To allow javascript we should switch off design mode, but know it's
hard to do, because all selections events
    processing throw nsISelectionController which can be obtained only
if we switch mozilla in design mode.
2) possibly JavaScript that inserted into head node doesn't be executed
automatically, because browser executes this scripts
when documents are loaded. When we insert it into DOM, document already
loaded.

PS. Using of JavaScript in Visual Editor can strongly change the process
handling,  because  we can modify dom using js, and using
xpcom, there then  many questins how to map elements from source and
visual part  and others.