[jbosstools-dev] Mail from Koen about dependencies

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 05:49:13 EST 2008

(for some reason koen gets emails but cant send to the list...working on that, but in the meantime here is his mail)

Guys,

Do we have a policy regarding exporting dependencies of a plugin to
possible extenders of this plugin? Or do we expect extenders to include
the dependencies themselves in their extensions?

An example:

plugin A depends on:
  plugin 1
  plugin 2
  plugin 3

plugin B depends on
  plugin 1
  plugin 3
  plugin A

plugin C depends on
  plugin 1
  plugin 3
  plugin A

The way this can be tackled AFAIK is
- including the dependencies of B and C in extenso in the manifest file
- exporting the dependencies of plugin A on plugin 1 and plugin 3 and
only including a dependency on plugin A in plugin B and plugin C

Do we have a preferred way?

Regards,
Koen