[jbosstools-dev] reusage of libraries

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 07:45:32 EST 2008

> Guys,
>
> I know we have been talking about the problem of a lot of us using the
> same libraries (e.g. Dom4j) in our plugins and including the libs
> straight in the plugin. It was mentioned to wrap these libs in a plugin
> of their own and making our plugins dependent on these. Is there already
> something wrt this?

In my POV we should use existing bundles of these libs (if they exist).

If they do not exist it becomes more tricky since we would then risk colliding
with others on the plugin name etc.

Then we got two options:

1) put them in a org.jboss.tools prefixed plugin (e.g. org.jboss.tools.org.dom4j) and
share that.

2) keep doing what we do now which is simple.

I actually don't have much issue with that option 2.

Is there any issue with this except a little bigger distribution size?