[jbosstools-dev] Last build doesn't include org.jboss.tools.xulrunner.feature in *-ALL.zips

Marshall Culpepper marshall.culpepper at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 15:22:03 EST 2008

It was a "perfect storm" of issues. Builder dependencies were being
executed twice because for some dumb reason I wasn't reusing the builder
execution macro, which meant the check to see if the builder was already
built was not happening. This turned out to be a blessing though,
because in the customTargets.xml I was bundling XULRunner in the folder
that releng copies zips to, instead of the "working" directory. The
error was happening because on the first richfaces execution, it
couldn't find the zips, since the builder was still running, and the
zips weren't in the releng dir yet. But on the 2nd try of the richfaces
build, the zips were there so it executed correctly (and gave the
illusion of a false positive). At first I tried disabling the builder
dependencies because I thought it was the source of the problem. This
gave us a richfaces zip w/o XULRunner since it was never executed a 2nd
time, which helped me find the actual cause of the issue: The XULrunner
bundling code needed to use the "intermediary" zips instead of the
"final" zips in customTargets.xml.

--
Marshall Culpepper
Red Hat Developer Studio, JBoss Tools