[jbosstools-dev] Re: Extensible project wizard (WAS: Re: Status)

Denis Golovin dgolovin at exadel.com
Thu Jul 17 20:05:49 EDT 2008

I've just read http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Eclipse_ESB_Wizards.

We have nothing like this in JBoss Tools. Our current templating is simple it is basically folder structure with velocity templates for several files.
There is no extension points or version control.

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> Talking about the wizards.
>
> Is the simplest thing (shortterm) not to just create a JBossESB Module type
> and have facet's to control the various aspects ?
>
> All this does not require templating features to get rolling.

IMO after facet is defined you have to implement FacetInstallDeleagate
where templating can be used to add content in new project, that's what
I really needed in SeamFacetInstallDelegate.

I think 'Extensible Sample Content Provisioning' is good candidate for
separate plugin :) and it can be used together with Cheat sheets.
In this case 'Extensible Sample Content Provisioning' provides a right
way to create artifact and Cheat sheet explain a sequence what artifacts
should be created to achieve the particular target.

Denis