[jbosstools-dev] File Filters suggestions

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 04:58:27 EDT 2008

As long as you provide with some default file filters with the most
common things changed, such as log4j one, I don't really care about the
default root folder.

Right now, cos the default is deploy/, for each server, I'm having to
change that and then add a filter for log4j from either conf or server
root which is a pain in the ass.

Gimme some default filters or ability to define them and I'll be happy

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>> Today only the configured deploy folder is possible; if we default it to the server root instead
>>> and the users deploy folder is *outside* the server root we loose the ability to look into deployed things.
>> Hmmm, so you mean that if the root is
>> /home/galder/access/eap-rel/4.3.0.ga.cp01/server/189901, the filter has
>> to be something like deploy/*-foobar.xml, rather than just *-foobar.xml
>> if the root was
>> /home/galder/access/eap-rel/4.3.0.ga.cp01/server/189901/deploy ?
>
> Yes.
>
>>> Hence what is needed as far as i see that we allow you to set the root folder freely; not just to deploy folder.
>> I'm not sure whether we're talking about the same thing here.
>
> You want us to use the server root folder by default - i'm saying that won't work if the user want to look into the deployed artifacts if they are located somewhere else. Hence the root setting needs to be free to specify.

Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer
JBoss, a division of Red Hat