[jbosstools-dev] Question to Exadel: Re SpecialWizard

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 17:20:43 EDT 2008

Hi all:

Can anyone on the Exadel Team explain to me what a Special Wizard
is and how to track down what is actually using it?

In an effort to start cleaning up some of our codebase, use standard
API's, remove duplication, etc, I'm browsing through some parts of the
JBossTools code base and find myself looking at an action that I can't
figure out how to invoke.

In this case, I'm looking at "TomcatVMWizard", which seems like an
interesting class to have and I'd like to see exactly what it does and where
it's used.  It extends "AbstractQueryWizard" and implements SpecialWizard.
The odd thing is that the implementation of the action doesn't seem

I'm trying to look at it because I'm curious why we have Tomcat specific
code in our tooling when we should be using standard WTP API's. So
it'd be awesome to find out where this action is used and whether we can
replace it with more efficient code.

Thanks In Advance

- Rob Stryker