[jbosstools-dev] looking at the seam pages.xml editor

Viacheslav Kabanovich scabanovich at exadel.com
Tue Jun 17 06:16:06 EDT 2008

Max,

Only Danil can give an exhaustive answer to these questions,
I can only try to repeat what I heard from him.

1) GMF provides a lot of new functionality, some of which
is not needed and burdens the diagram. It is easy to develop
GMF diagram as long as you stay within its restrictions.
Any deviation from GMF standard requires a lot of efforts
and studying, (though of course, everything can be done
in the long run). On the other hand, EMF model saves a lot of
efforts in codying without imposing any restrictions on view.

2) I agree with you 100% that same code should be in one place
rather than copied. However, it is possible, that copying is
made for future modifications, though of course if that future
passes by without actual changes, it just leaves an unnecessary
mess behind.

3) The design for figures on diagram is provided by our designer
Alexey Dmitriev, who is sensitive about each pixel and the smallest
difference in tints of colors. He provides the best looking design,
and Danil converts it to numbers, which may look arbitrary.

Slava