[jbosstools-dev] Re: XULRunner plugin/feature URL change

Snjezana Peco snjeza.peco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 13:41:37 EDT 2008

Marshall Culpepper wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 17:52 +0100, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> Sounds great!
>>
>> so this includes bumping the version number?
>>
>> How do we handle the removal of the workaround feature in context of JBoss Tools updatesite ? JBDS installs?
>>
>> -max
>>

> This raises a good point.. I'm not sure if there is a clear upgrade
> path.. does anyone know if there is a way to express an incompatibility
> or force an deactivation/uninstall of another feature?

I think that a feature can be deactivated/uninstalled using the
installHandler extension point.
However, JBoss Tools updating isn't valid (there isn't update url for
most of the features).
The JBoss Tools/JBDS install will probably work correctly because there
isn't a previous version and any incompatibility.

Snjeza