[jbosstools-dev] Re: 2.0.1 w/ updated features

Snjezana Peco snjeza.peco at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:50:50 EDT 2008

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> Snjezana is reporting that the update site I gave her worked OK for
>> installing/updating, but I was unable to reproduce her results in Linux
>> or Mac. I went ahead and added the update site to all the relevant
>> features in trunk as well as the jbostools-2.0.x branch (see my commit
>> logs for JBIDE-1499), and after testing locally everything seems to be
>> working fine.
>>

> ok - the problem with this is that JBDS users will then also update from this updatesite
> and we don't necessarily want that to happen automatically because not all version of jbosstools
> is QA'ed in context of JBDS ;(
>
> Any idea why it works fine on one OS but not on others?

I haven't tried it on Mac, but the difference can be only in XULRunner.
I propose creating a xulrunner feature and putting it on SVN. This
feature could contain xulrunner plugins for all supported  OSes and the
xpcom plugin.
Eclipse would load a corresponding plugin based on "Platform Filter" in
the manifest file.
In this way, we would have one archive for all the OSes and wouldn't
depend on the ATF/Mozilla plugins.

>> Should I go ahead and re-tag 2.0.1.GA / rebuild / reupload to
>> sourceforge? There are about 200 people that managed to download the
>> 2.0.1.GA that's there now, so I can post a message on the blog and on
>> our forum so they're aware of what's going on (and why we hadn't
>> announced yet)
>>

> Do i understand it correctly when I say that the current updatesite works fine on Windows,
> but not on linux/mac ?

It works on Linux as well.

Snjeza