[jbosstools-dev] Re: 2.0.1 w/ updated features

Marshall Culpepper marshall.culpepper at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 14:26:27 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 18:50 +0100, Snjezana Peco wrote:
> I haven't tried it on Mac, but the difference can be only in XULRunner.
> I propose creating a xulrunner feature and putting it on SVN. This
> feature could contain xulrunner plugins for all supported  OSes and the
> xpcom plugin.
> Eclipse would load a corresponding plugin based on "Platform Filter" in
> the manifest file.
> In this way, we would have one archive for all the OSes and wouldn't
> depend on the ATF/Mozilla plugins.

We already have a XULRunner feature, that does precisely this.. see:

http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBossTools/trunk/vpe/features/org.jboss.tools.xulrunner.feature

Bundling all of XULRunner's platform-specific plugins into one bundle is
a Bad Idea(TM) as each platform weighs in around 15+ MB, effectively
increasing our binary size by 30MB.