[jbosstools-dev] CachedMetaDataDialect optimization proposition

Vitali Yemialyanchyk vyemialyanchyk at exadel.com
Tue Mar 25 14:14:29 EDT 2008

Max, hello.

I have some propositions to enhance CachedMetaDataDialect:

As I see here StringKey is used as a compound key for cached data -

But I think that this strategy has an obvious drawback:

Let try to imagine the situation with code completion for tables:

Firstly the user enter letter 'a' and press Ctrl-Space for completion - so
the compound key for this will be

StringKey {null, null, "a.*"}

In a second time the user enter string 'ab' and press Ctrl-Space for
completion - so the compound key for this case

StringKey {null, null, "ab.*"}

And this situation required one separate select from db and we do not get
benefits from previous cashing.

So I propose to use other structures and algorithms for cashing here.

Regards,

Vitali