[jbosstools-dev] RE: JDBCReader question

Vitali Yemialyanchyk vyemialyanchyk at exadel.com
Mon Mar 31 11:17:10 EDT 2008

I have created JDBCTablesColumnsReader - it not be difficult to incorporate
it back into JDBCReader.
But now I do not sure should we place it back. I prefer to discuss it late -
when I prepare all test cases and unit tests.

In situation with JDBCReader - I put some remarks into the code - the
difficult of situation here -
1) Do we really need configurable solution (very configurable) to get
tables/columns?
And
2) Performance problem - I check it (create unit test) - and see what
processing of columns is a most time consuming thing;

When I create JDBCTablesColumnsReader - my answer to first question was:
We do not need such solution and simple case - JDBCTablesColumnsReader -
solve all situations which code completion requires.

Configurable solution and JDBCReader change - requires SchemaSelection new (
String matchColumn; ) member.
Also configurable solution should solve the performance problem - in this
case we should process columns only in the case when configuration requires
this - so latter we can get situation when we have some tables which columns
has not been processed - so we should handle the situation - so bulk-reading
code should be changed.

In the case when we just merge JDBCTablesColumnsReader & JDBCReader into one
- bulk-reading code should not be changed.

Vitali