[jbosstools-dev] The never-ending JIRA: /JBIDE-1862

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Mon May 5 09:24:02 EDT 2008

The reason I didn't let it do <java> in the application.xml (which
Dennis suggested and I vetoed) was because I remember you, Max, pasting
to me a conversation with a seam dev who said it was incorrect and it
*must* be in ejb.

I'm basically waiting on you, Max, to tell us what to do ;)

- Rob

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> Afaik, we could just change application.xml to have <java> instead and
> that would make WTP and JBossAS happy for Seam 1.2 at least ?
>
> Seam 2 works since it has ejb-jar.xml in it.
>
> Correct ?
>
> /max
>

>> I've committed a new patched eapseamgen.zip that includes our jboss-
>> seam.jar that has ejb-jar.xml in the META-INF folder (which lets
>> module> correctly).
>>
>> Forcing a new (hopefully final build) that will take some smoke tests
>> later tonight, and hopefully I will get a chance to upload everything
>> to sourceforge so Max and I can announce CR1 tomorrow.
>>

>> On May 4, 2008, at 7:02 PM, Rob Stryker wrote:
>>

>>> Max:
>>>
>>> Because of this change, any old seam projects will need to use the
>>> new jboss-seam.jar. I know this is shitty. I know this sucks. I know
>>> this is pretty much unacceptable.
>>>
>>> But it's all that was possible to ensure the jboss-seam file gets
>>> published. The only alternative was to remove it from
>>> application.xml, and I suspect strongly that would have other bad