[jbosstools-dev] Feedback on 2.1.CR1

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Thu May 8 06:54:53 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

I've been playing around with tools 2.1.CR1 and specially the
build/publish area. I wanted to make a few comments on this:

1.- Is there a way to do a Build Archive (Full) and Publish in just one
click?

2.- I get no feedback when I do "Build Archive (Full)". IOW, did
anything change? Or didn't it build anything cos nothing had changed?
Maybe I forgot to rebuild? I get no type of feedback.

3.- If I do a publish on an archive that hasn't changed (maybe cos I
forgot to rebuild the archive and hence the build archive did nothing,
but don't know at this stage), the event log says:

-> Publishing [1 modules, 0 files changed]
   -> [Full, no change] .jar

This is very misleading cos in fact it didn't do anything even though
the even says "Publishing...". It didn't deploy the jar cos it hasn't
changed. Also, what does "0 files changed" mean?

If the archive had actually changed and the publish has really occurred,
you get:

-> Publishing [1 modules, 0 files changed]
   -> [Full, Changed] .jar

I have to extend the event to actually realise that the jar changed was
actually published, even thought the title of the even still says "0
files changed".

Bottom line, the event log needs to be clearer in what happened without
having to do too many clicks. Besides, each publish cannot be
distinguished, maybe it's worth adding a timestamp or something to each
publish event?

Cheers,
--
Galder Zamarreño