[jbosstools-dev] First ganymede build

Snjezana Peco snjezana.peco at redhat.com
Thu May 8 18:28:28 EDT 2008

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> Hey guys, our first Ganymede/Eclipse 3.4/WTP 3.0 nightly build just
>> finished at the following URL:
>>

> cool!
>

>> http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/nightly/200805081537-nightly/index.html
>>
>> Everything seems to be compiling ok, But there looks to be some errors
>> in the unit tests (probably need to get a newer version of the test
>> plugins?)
>>

> What do you mean ? the test plugins are all uptodate too...seems like the tests are not included
> in the running workspace or maybe the new p2 system in E3.4 has a bug or different behavior when running tests ?

I have checked the hibernate tests.
The org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer.isBusy() method is public in
Eclipse 3.4 (was a package visible in 3.3).
The MTreeViewer class contains a hack that makes isBusy visible. This
hack causes a stack overflow in 3.4.
The solution is to remove the hack because the method is now public.
There is yet another exception while executing the hibernate tests, but
the stack trace shows only the code of Eclipse.
I will check this exception.

Snjeza