[jbosstools-dev] Re: The new "i18n" directory in jbosstools

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 21:10:38 EST 2008

Sean Flanigan wrote:
> And you will probably want to *disable all other update
> sites*, because Eclipse takes forever to check dependencies otherwise...
>  (Again, any help welcomed!)

I think this article describes the problem I'm seeing:
http://scotth.wordpress.com/2008/11/04/eclipse-resolving-dependencies-vs-christmas/

Apparently the new update manager P2 likes to download the feature jars
for every enabled repository, just in case it *might* have to resolve
some dependencies from them.  In the interests of improving the Update
Manager's usability, they've made it unusably slow :-(

I think adding P2 metadata to the repo is supposed to help:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Metadata_Generator .  I might have to
look at generating P2 metadata for the langpacks' site.xml.

--
Sean Flanigan

Senior Software Engineer
Engineering - Internationalisation