[jbosstools-dev] Questions about new JMX/AS integration

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 08:40:50 EST 2008

Hi,

I saw https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-2760 was fixed and I must
say this is a *great* improvement over our embedded simple JMX tree.

It is great that I don't have to configure the configured AS's but would
be good if the JMX view would give some indication I need to start the
server in the Server view to expand the node (yes - I'm Mr. Stupid User)

I've created a few other issues I bumped into in the JMX component, but
also got a few questions on how the JMX functionallity is supposed to work
;)
(you can see the jmx issues here:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE/component/12312059)

My question is about the filter field in the JMX tree.
What does this field actually filter on ? i.e. if I enter "name" it shows
me alot of nodes which does not seem to have "name" in them.
And is it intentional the search is casesensitive ? (I for one cannot
figure out the random camel casing in JMX names ;)

In the tree is double click not supposed to do something when I click on
operations ? i.e. open the editor and have that property/method selected
ready for execution ?

----