[jbosstools-dev] Re: Need help on case 230643

Denny Xu dxu at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 05:41:55 EDT 2008

1. About the "can not add seam facet to the web service project" error,
it because default configuration for JBoss runtime contains jst.seam and
jst.jsf, so when users create web service and a Web project with JBoss
runtime, it will report that error,  here is a JIRA for reference:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-2944.   Max, could these
changes be applied to JBDS 1.1.0GA as a patch?

2. The warnings of the generated wsdl2java codes:  it seems that we can
get rid of it,  WTP provides Apache Axis web service runtime plugins, we
can not
control it.

3. So far, WTP Apache Axis and Axis2 plugin do not support generating
JAX-WS style web service, the latest JBoss Tools  has JBossWS plugin for
generating JAX-WS web service ,  but JBDS 1.1.0 doesn't contain it, so
if understand correctly, we can create JAX-WS style web service using
JBDS 1.1.0. Max, will it be contained in the coming JBDS release?

Denny