[jbosstools-dev] Re: [Soa-tools-list] Eclipse version 4 (e4) efforts around a unified connection framework

John Graham jgraham at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 14:22:36 EDT 2008

> Did you mean "lower level" as in more specific and fine-grained?
> Or did you actually mean higher level, as in a higher abstraction with a
> minimal interface that all sorts of different connection types could
> implement... as basic as connect(), disconnect() ?

Yes. :)

The connection framework under discussion in e4 is lower level in the
sense that it would be a building block for projects like ECF, WTP, DTP
and others that need "connections" to something.

It is also higher level with respect to abstraction in that it would
express connection notions in generic terms such as connect(),
disconnect() and let the implementation decide exactly what that means.

-- John