[jbosstools-dev] Re: [Fwd: [Soa-tools-list] a rough esb project wizard is ready]

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 01:27:38 EDT 2008

We need to think this through.

Should every combination of an AS server create a new WTP runtime ?
Should we have AS 3.2, AS 4.2, AS 5.0, EAP 4.3, EAP 4.2, SOA-P 4.3,
EAPortal 2.7, etc. ? or ?

How will we differentiate between standalone esb and embedded in AS
runtimes ?

This is common things not specific to esb. But until now life have been
simple because we
never had a runtime that is so "burned into" the AS - all other runtimes
have been seperate (much
more manageble IMO).

btw. as I understand it the ESB runtime on the following pages is the
pure ESB runtime notion; if that is nothing put a pointer inside AS (i.e.
it is not a standalone runtime similar to what we have for jbpm, seam,
jbossws)
then I'm not sure this is relevant here ?

/max