[jbosstools-dev] summer cleaning in svn ;)

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 08:22:04 EDT 2008

Hi,

Ok, so if you monitored svn commits today you will see we (Rob and I)
deleted alot of stuff ;)

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-2777 and
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-2776

The gist of the changes I've done today as follows:

* Deleted out-of-date plugins/updatesites
* Moved non-maintained plugins to workspace/non-maintained
* Moved the 800 megs of movies from trunk to /documentation/trunk/movies
since it does not need to be that close to dev sources (reference docs
should stay close to code).
* Removed the "core" module since we realized the code was 99% dead so
need to keep it around wasting cpu cycles.
* Project Archives part in core have now been "upgraded" to live in its
own "archives" module. (Rob - did you get the build updated for this ?)

Thus if your eclipse suddenly starts complaining some directories are
missing then remove all your projects from eclipse,
do a complete svn update and reimport them in again - that is the easiest
way to get everything back to normal ;)

p.s. I also added a few "project setup helpers" at
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbosstools/trunk/documentation/development/setup.
There is a default JBoss Tools launch config and a set of working sets
configuration that can be used to group plugins instead
of having a long ungrouped listing. See
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbosstools/trunk/documentation/development/setup/workingsets/readme.txt
for how to use it.

p.p.s. if you find something is broken because of this let us know ASAP ;)