[jbosstools-dev] Deploying artifacts that should be deployed before server is started

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 04:46:34 EDT 2009

Rob Stryker wrote:
> This is probably because it's deploying into a metadata location in the
> workspace and that metadata location is only added as a deployable
> location via JMX after bootup.
>
> Interesting.
>
> You can still make your server deploy to a specific location inside the
> automatically-added** location (aka the deploy folder) by opening the
> Server Editor (double-click the server) and changing the preferences there.
> Galder Zamarreno wrote:

Oh, ic. I had forgotten that was still doable. That should work :)

Probably something worth adding to JBoss AS Tools FAQ? I.e. how to
deploy an artifact that needs deploying before AS has finished starting
up. 90% of deployments don't need this but some others do.

>> Galder Zamarreno wrote:

>>> No, it doesn't work. The .aop archive always gets deployed *after*
>>> the server has finished starting up.

>>> Tried but it does not make a difference.
>>
>> Try the attached .sar for example. Check when the following line is
>> logged:
>>
>> 17:36:29,770 INFO  [DataSourceFacade] start()
>>

>>> I suppose there should be an optional possibility of copying file to
>>> deploy directory when it's published because that way, startup
>>> deployments work. This would be optional and only to be used with
>>> certain deployments.

Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer
JBoss, a division of Red Hat