[jbosstools-dev] JSR-77 Summary

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 02:52:58 EDT 2009

JSR-77 allows, via JMX, to get a list of which servers are running,
which modules they have, which resources they have, etc. From this model
I can make an effective list of what's deployed on the server through
simple JMX calls.

What I still cannot do, though, is control the modules. The portions of
the spec which deal with managing (starting, stopping) the modules is
optional, and JBoss does not support this. So, while I can get a nice
list of what's deployed / running, I cannot manage any of it.

Is it worth-while for me to add to the Servers View a tree element (and
children) dealing with deployed / running modules considering I cannot
control them? Is this worth pushing up to the platform to force them to
implement when JSR-77 is being removed in the future?

Thoughts appreciated.

- Rob