[jbosstools-dev] Re: Moving to XulRunner 1.9

Maxim Areshkau mareshkau at exadel.com
Fri Apr 10 10:18:25 EDT 2009

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>> So what is in Fedora 9/10 and Red Hat ?
>>>
>> It's will be work on Fedora 9/10 and Red Hat too for x86.
>>
> Yes, I know it will work if we provide the binary - but I was
> wondering if it will work with the xulrunner bundled in Fedora/Red
No, with native fedora/RH XR it's will not work, because XR here has
compiled without javaxpcom bridge support.

>>> Again, that sounds like a very big limitation. Any known workarounds
>>> for this ?
>>>
>> Yes, for example select element using div's smth like we draw resizer now.
>>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you mean ?
>
> Could you illustrate it ?
For example we should highlight some element.
1. We can obtain position of element (X, Y, width, height)
2. Then we add to the end of DOM document 4 span or div elements
with style="position:absolute", and X, Y, width and height that allows
us around necessary element.
                2-en span
                 ________
   1span->|element|-<3-span div with absolute position