[jbosstools-dev] Libmanagement issues

Snjezana Peco snjeza.peco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 09:33:08 EDT 2009

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> Is this could be configured to show user any choice between libraries
>> versions? (I guess easily)
>>
> hmm - I assume so too, but how are this going to show up ? Having a long
> list of version combinations is going to be horrible ;)
>
> ElipseLink 1.0
> EclipseLink 1.1
> EclipseLink 2.0
> Hibernate/JPA 3.2
> Hibernate/JPA 3.3
> Hibernate/JPA 3.4
>
> and what if you start adding in beta's too ?

You can add different implementations and versions using the extension
point and pom.xml template.

>> Is this will show newer versions of libraries (which come into maven
>> repository after user has got the plugin)?
>>
> If I understood correctly users can edit these from the wizard, or was
> that to be done afterwards in the pom editor in the current version,
> Snjezana  ?

Users can edit dependencies within wizardPages and other Maven artifacts
(repositories, plugins) by editing pom.xml after creating the project.
We can also add a possibility to let users add new templates using the
UI (without the ext. point and pom.xml).

Dima,
Maven requires you to specify exactly the version of a library that will
be used.

Snjeza