[jbosstools-dev] [Fwd: [JBoss Tools (users)] - Project MYPROJECT doesn't have KB nature.]

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 17:58:26 EDT 2009

> New CA requires a new nature ID and a new builder to be present in .project
> file. So, it won't work for existing projects created by the previous
> versions of JBoss Tools.

That is not really acceptable - we can't break users projects this way.
There need to be backwards compatible support
or at least someway to easily upgrade ?

Any reason why we don't use the same nature ID and builder ? Or at least
have the old builder/nature be able to be used
too ?
> At the moment the only way to enable the JSF CA is to make the following
> changes to the .project file:
>
> 1.        Add the following build command to the<buildSpec>  section of
> .project file:
>

>                                 <buildCommand>
>

> <name>org.jboss.tools.jst.web.kb.kbbuilder</name>
>
>                                                 <arguments>
>
>                                                 </arguments>
>
>                                 </buildCommand>
>

> 2.       Add the following nature to the<natures>  section of .project file:
>
> <nature>org.jboss.tools.jst.web.kb.kbnature</nature>
>
> Also, all the required tag libraries (TLDs and schemas) are to be present at
> classpath to allow the KB-builder to see and use them.

Not sure what this means ? What is the difference from before ?