[jbosstools-dev] Dependency Question

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 06:57:40 EDT 2009

>>> IMHO, icons for JBDS ought to live in a JBDS branding/product plugin,
>>> such as com.jboss.jbds.product[1].
>>>

>> Well then that raises the question as to why the ESB Project is using a
>> JBDS icon and whether it should use it at all.
>>

> I used the icon just tried to be consistent with the icons used in the
> ESB editor,
> and currently, many jboss tools project wizard use the JBDS global icon.
> for ESB project, maybe we can choose one of the esb project icons to
> replace them.

The JBDS global icon is just when we don't have any other options - and
using that should be limited
and it should not be done in a way so we create large dependencies. Copy
it over is ok for this.

Afaik, we did get an icon created specifically for ESB
(https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-3040 ?) - we should use that
and if that isn't big enough get one done that are.

btw. the big problem here is that common/xmodel drags a *massive* set of
dependencies in...we
really need to fix that since if we had that under control we could
actually have proper shared resources

-max