[jbosstools-dev] Dependency Question

Denny Xu dxu at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 08:59:47 EDT 2009

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>> I don't understand why you want to keep technical dependency because
>>> of an icon ?
>>>
>> No, I add the dependency not because of the icon, the esb editor is
>> based on the xmodel.
>>
> So what Rob wrote here is not true?
>
> "Currently the ESB project ui plugin contains a dependency on common,
> which as we all know is where xmodel and many other things are mashed
> together. This dependency is due only to the need for the JBDS icon in
> the new ESB wizard."

what Rob said is true.
I mean ESB component has dependency on common is not **only** because of
the icon,
I say so just because I guess what Rob's intention is that the ESB
feature should not contains the common
so that the ESB feature can be as independent as possible.

the project.ui plugin can remove its dependency by using another ESB
image, but the esb.ui plugin totally be
developed base on the common, so far, it seems to be unable to remove
the dependency from ESB component at least.

Denny