[jbosstools-dev] Dependency Question

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 02:17:51 EDT 2009

>> Afaik, we did get an icon created specifically for ESB
>> (https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-3040 ?) - we should use that
>> and if that isn't big enough get one done that are.
>>
> yeah, the size of the wizard icon usually is 75 x 66, do you know who
> can help us to do it, lex Dmitriev?

Yes, create a jira with info on what needs to be created. i.e. icon for
New wizard
and screenshot of the current one and with info on what you want him to
do do.
>> btw. the big problem here is that common/xmodel drags a *massive* set
>> of dependencies in...we
>> really need to fix that since if we had that under control we could
>> actually have proper shared resources
>>
> it seems many projects have dependencies on the common, such as
> jst.web.ui, isn't the **common* *component *common* for all other jboss
> tools project? ;-)

No it is not. It is common for the basis of the plugins that came from
exadel studio.
On every release we have been doing more and more work for making this
"common" blob
less and less intrusive. i.e. Hibernate Tools feature does not include
the hbm.xml editor
to avoid dragging in about 6 mb of which it only uses 0.2.

For esb the esb.xml editor is essential so yes for the esb feature it is
needed, but if the
.ui plugin doesnt need it - remove that dependency.